Sunday 8 February 2015

Cakes #157 and #158 - Friday Cakes


Friday Cakes
#157 Cat Theme Cake - Hidden Cat.
#158 Friends First Friday Cake - Cheesecake with Fruit and Coconut Flakes with Nice Biscuit Base.

Missing summer! Friday cake with fruit to bring some summer here. It's so cold at the moment, and windy and humid, too. We are ready to move to any warmer place if there is one.

I do not know why but this winter has felt colder than ever. The wind is pushing through everything - and every body, including mine.

I am glad I have three cats and cats are warm. A warm and purring cat on your lap is the best you can have on a cold day. A cat and a cuppa - and a slice of cake!


I have baked quite a few hidden cat (and other hidden figures) cakes already. They are exciting as you cannot always be sure how they turn out - and if they turn out anything at all. Usually at least half of the cake I have managed to get fine.

Hidden figures change but my favourite recipe stays the same, you can find it here.


For this cheesecake I used my lime cheesecake recipe except I replaced digestive cookies with Nice biscuits. On the top I placed slices of nectarine, kiwi and pineapple and some grapes and a passion fruit cut in half. I brushed the fruit with jelly and poured the rest of the jelly on the cake to cover any uncovered spots between the fruit. The sides I decorated with coconut flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment