Monday 19 January 2015

Last Days of Holidays


Friends First Friday Cake - Carrot and Blueberry Cake with Apple and Pineapple.

First Friday having somebody special baking a cake for my challenge, in my kitchen. Today it was my daughter Saaga (12). In the future it may be... you?

The recipe for this cake is from here. Instead of zucchini, my daughter used grated apple and instead of raisins, fresh blueberries. Besides frosting, there is chopped walnut and pumpkin seeds on the cake.

***


Savoury Saturday Cake - Gingerbread and Blue Cheese Cake.

I made this cake using my Lime Cheesecake recipe. The digestive cookies I replaced with gingerbread cookies. Sugar, vanilla and lime juice I naturally left out. The cheese I used was Cashel Cream Cheese

***


Sunday Classic - Mudcake, with Orange Chocolate Ganache.

For the cake I used this recipe. Instead of milk chocolate, I melted dark orange crisp milk chocolate to make the ganache and saved a few pieces to be crushed on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment