Tuesday 27 January 2015

Midweek Mix


Wednesday Natural Ingredient / Healthy Cake - Lime and Ginger Cake.

You can find the recipe for this cake here. I left out the icing as I was craving for a simple and harmonic taste with no overflowing sugars so I just simply sieved some icing sugar on top.

Thursday Cat Theme Cake - Giant Cat Pulla.

I baked this using my basic pulla - sweet bun in Finnish, that is - recipe, see the recipe for my Boston Cake, for example. I added one handful of raisins into the dough but otherwise the filling is the same as in the Boston cake. I compiled the cat on an oven tray, glazed it with egg and baked it in 200C for about 25 minutes.


Thursday Extra - Tosca Cake (Swedish Caramel Almond Cake) with Whipped Cream.

You can find the recipe here. Instead of a round cake, I baked a square one, then cut it into two halves and filled the cake with whipped cream to make it more 'deluxe'.

No comments:

Post a Comment