Tuesday 26 August 2014

Cake #4 - Lemon Curd & Yogurt Loaf


On Mondays during my 365 Cakes / 365 Days challenge I will be baking a Monday Mood Cake. Simply (not that simple...), I pick a mood and turn it into a cake. The mood can then be (hopefully) seen and recognised from the looks of the cake - or it can be tasted. 

To be honest, for the first Monday Mood Cake I took the easy way out. Sour as I am by nature and a proud member of a ladies's club called Club Lemon, a lemony cake was the obvious choice. I was so expecting life to give me the lemons I needed for the cake but as that did not happen (typical!) I had to walk to the shop in rain and wind and buy the lemons myself! That really got me into the perfect mood for something sour...

Lemon Curd and Yogurt Loaf

200 g butter
200 g granulated sugar
3 eggs
200 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 dl / ½ cup (Greek) yogurt
1 dl / ½ cup lemon curd

Garnishing
Icing sugar, mint leaves, grated zest of lemon, slices of lemon...

To be served with
Lemon curd and (Greek) yogurt

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 F) and grease and flour (I use dried breadcrumbs) a 2 lbs loaf pan.
2. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Mix in eggs.
5. Add the dry ingredients together with the yogurt and mix well.
6. Add the lemon curd using a small spoon, one spoonful at a time mixing just a little so that there will be lumps of lemon curd in the dough.
6. Pour the dough into the pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
7. Let the cake cool completely before garnishing it.
8. Enjoy with lemon curd and yogurt!


No comments:

Post a Comment