Wednesday 27 August 2014

Cake #5 - Tribute to Simon


On Tuesday morning I had no clue what my first Humour Cake would be but I strongly believed the idea would pop into my head during the day one way or another. And it did. I was browsing the news and read a piece of gossip regarding the new X Factor UK series 11 which starts this week, and it said Simon Cowell is back judging there. (Yay!) Then I found myself thinking whether or not I should replace my Gary Barlow calendar (hanging on the wall of our downstairs toilet) with a Simon Cowell one and then I finally remembered something from this year's Britain's Got Talent which gave me the idea for this cake... 

(jump to 2:20 if you don't want to watch the whole show)


The cake itself is nothing extraordinary so there is no point giving a detailed recipe. It is a basic sponge filled with raspberry jam and vanilla creme (all home-made, though!). The first layer of topping is made of mixture of white chocolate and melted butter with some icing sugar in it and a drop of red food colouring. The rest is plain icing, parts of which I coloured with black and red food colourings. 

Oh, and then there's chocolate. Curled from a block of dark chocolate with a cheese slicer. The Husband who is a chocolate lover did not want to eat the chocolate-covered parts of the cake. Maybe he does not like his chocolate curled??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment