Saturday 1 November 2014

Cake #70 - Happy Halloween


Thursday Cat Theme Cake - Happy Halloween aka Cat Litter Box Cake.

Mixed feelings having a cat litter box placed on your table? Even when you know it is a cake? 

Get real, it is just a delicious chocolate cake with whipped cream and crushed sweets on top.

I find this cake hilarious. I made my first ever litter box cake in 2005 and every time I make it I find it hilarious. Again and again. Even The Husband does. There are no cinnamon sticks, though.

Just want you to know that last year when my daughters made some cat poops of gingerbread dough and then placed them on the dining room carpet, I did not find it hilarious at all. So I really must have a weird sense of humour, right?


The base is a thin chocolate cake, on top there is a layer of whipped cream and then crushed Bull's Eyes sweets. The solids are made of chocolate cake softened with cream and some black food colouring, and the yellow liquid parts are syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment