Monday 3 November 2014

Cake #73 - Pavlova


Sunday Classic Cake - Pavlova.

Light and fluffy. Elegant. Classy.

The Husband was cooking Chili con Carne for Sunday dinner, and he baked baguettes, too, so I thought I would not bake anything heavy for my Sunday cake. Pavlova seemed like the perfect choice and it was one, too! 

Pavlova reminds me of Pavlov. Which reminds me that I have not told you about the Pavlovian conditioning happening in my family. Nowadays, whenever a family member sees me holding a bowl in my hand (I may be emptying the dishwasher and therefore holding one) they eagerly ask me what cake (note, cake - they always say cake) I am baking today and when it is ready. This did not happen before my 365 Cakes / 365 Days challenge. I have always baked a lot but not until now the family has been madly interested in my bakings other than the edible results nicely set in front of them, and certainly the default has not been cake, but cookies, buns, donuts.

What will happen after the last cake for this challenge is baked?

The recipe for this Pavlova Cake is from here. Instead of berries, I used canned peaches and pears, and fresh pineapple, pomegranate seeds and bananas. 





No comments:

Post a Comment