Thursday 20 November 2014

Cake #83 - Date and Walnut Cake


Wednesday Natural Ingredient / Healthy Cake - Date and Walnut Cake with Honey and Banana.

Banana cakes represent me autumn. Simply because when my younger daughter was born it was September, and a few weeks before she was actually born I started keeping bananas in the house to take some for me and The Husband to the hospital as an easy and nutritious snack when the time would come. It was a very warm autumn, back then in 2002, and the bananas got overripe too fast so I had to start making something (cakes, obviously) of the overripe ones - and keep buying new ones for the time to come. She was born one week before her due date but still it was a good few banana cakes I baked!

Date cakes, again, represent me Christmas because they remind me of the traditional Christmas Date Cake which I always bake for Christmas and which I already baked in September as cake #31 for this challenge .

In mid-November it is not quite Christmas yet but not autumn any more, either. I am definitely getting into Christmas mood more and more. So let this cake, made of both bananas and dates, be a rite of passage. A cake not autumny any more but not quite Christmassy yet. Until tomorrow comes and Christmas lights are set up all around the house. 

Recipe for this gooey cake is from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment