Monday 17 November 2014

Cake #82 - One Sort Licorice


Tuesday Humour Cake - One Sort Licorice Cake.

Tuesday was one of those days with no inspiration whatsoever. Not even perspiration to help as it was so cold and rainy that I had to switch on constant heating in the house for a few hours - and even that did not make me feel warm.

Thanks to my local Centra I finally got the idea for my humour cake. 

I felt like buying a little bag of licorice allsorts but they had no little bags in the whole shop. Instead, they had 800 g boxes on sale - "was 8€, now 6€". Yay!  The point is that I did not open the box until when I was back home and I could actually see the various licorice and be inspired by them. If they had had the small bags in the shop I would have probably just eaten all the licorice when walking home without actually seen them. Empty bag, no inspiration.


For the cake, I baked a sponge the batter of which I coloured orange. First I thought I would just use black icing for the middle licorice part but then I got the idea of placing a cup full of licorice inside the cake and covering it with a lid - which was a digestive cookie with black icing on it. Worked out well  as a surprise element! 


PS A few days later the shop had reduced the price of the licorice boxes to 5€ so I have now a whole lot of inspiration!! And if I run out of ideas they still have a few boxes left, I just checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment