Sunday 23 November 2014

Cake #84 - Ice Cream Cat


Thursday Cat Theme Cake - Ice Cream Cat.

I do not like making cat faces on cakes because I can never get them look lively or lovely or soulful. Every now and then I try and every time the end result is just about like this one I created now. 

Which is good. Because if I ever managed to create a gorgeous and lively cat face on a cake I  could not eat it as cats are to be admired and worshipped, not to be eaten. [I am not mentioning Chinese food here, no.] Cakes, instead, are to be eaten!

Pastry
150 g butter
4 tbsp granulated sugar
350 ml plain flour
1 egg

1. Mix all ingredients together in a food processor and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
2. Divide the pastry into two balls.
3. Roll each ball into a circle, about Ø 28cm and cut the edges nicely. Use the leftovers for making the cat's ears.
4. Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F and bake the bases for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let cool before decorating.

I used white chocolate, milk chocolate and sprinkles for making the cat's edible face, Just before serving I scooped vanilla ice cream on the bottom layer of the cake and lifted the decorated one on top. 

Remember to eat this cake fast as the ice cream will melt in no time!



1 comment:

  1. Wow :)
    This is an incredible collection of ideas!
    Waiting for more helpful pieces.
    You would amazing to read a similar one here-
    Petreviewz

    ReplyDelete