Monday 24 November 2014

Cake #85 - Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cake


Friends First Friday Cake - Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cake.

For the Irish weather! I love you most of the time - pouring rain many days in a row can be truly inspirational but please give me a break every once and a while

'What an ugly cake' was my first thought when I got the pan out of the oven. 'What a truly ugly cake' was my second thought when I placed the cake on a plate and started taking pictures of it. 

But. Never judge a cake before a third thought! And first bite.

The cake looks dry but it was very moist in a nice way - not soaking wet like the Irish weather that day.

The cake looks dull and grey but it did look very appealing in real life - much more colourful than the Irish sky that day.

The cake was very tasty - far more tastier than the Irish rain water that day.

Note to self: if you think your cake looks dull, think about a grey day with pouring rain and have another look after that.

The recipe is from here. As I made a cake instead of muffins, I used a 23 cm x 23 cm square pan and baked the cake in 175 C / 375 F for about 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment