Friday 12 September 2014

#20 - Melon Surprise


Wednesday Natural Ingredient / Healthy Cake - Melon Surprise.

My daughter had seen pictures of a fresh watermelon cake in Facebook and had said a few times already that she would like me to make this cake. - Cake? Is it a cake? Well, let's see. 

I bought a watermelon, removed the rind and cut the melon into a cylinder. Still a watermelon.The frosting I made by mixing 200 g soft butter, 400 g cream cheese and 400 g icing sugar. Then I spread the frosting all around the cylinder. Still a watermelon, a watermelon with frosting. The little hearts on top of the cake are cut off a watermelon slice with a cookie shape. A garnished watermelon with frosting. Some fresh berries to go with it and...

...12 candles! 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter! Hope you enjoyed your garnished watermelon birthday cake with frosting! 

If nothing else, the candles finally made me call the watermelon a cake.

PS The Birthday Girl will get a proper 'cake-cake' when she is having her party for her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment