Thursday 25 September 2014

Cake #33 - The Yolk's on You!


Tuesday Humour Cake -  "The Yolk's on You!"

How would you like to have your egg? Boiled, fried or scrambled? Five minutes or eight minutes? 

How about your cake? Would you like to have it ten minutes...?

Yes, it was one of those days that both my mind was blank and my fridge nearly empty. Too late to go to the shop any more and what would I even buy with a blank mind? I had all day kind of waited for the idea to pop into my head - like it always does!! And finally it did - like it always does [I told me!].

How to assemble Humour Cake in 10 minutes:

- Take the leftovers of the cake you baked the previous day  (amazingly we had some as there are a few family members who do not like mocha that much), crumble the slices, add some black food colouring if you like and press the crumbs inside a springform frame.
- Take a round scone shape and cut out four holes for the "eggs".
- Mix together some cream cheese and sugar and fill the holes with it.
- Make little egg yolk -look-a-likes of yellow fondant icing (or use peach halves, maybe) and stick them on the egg whites.
- Take some more cake you baked the previous day and shape it in your hands to go as the handle of the pan. I preferred a square shape because a round handle looked like dog poop.

Cake makeover can save your day!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment