Wednesday 3 September 2014

Cake #11 - Courgette Cake


Monday Mood Cake - "Autumny". 

It is September and it is time to feel autumny. The schools have started. Yes, finally! The nights are getting darker. No they are not. The mornings are getting colder. No they are not. The trees are turning from green to yellow. No they are not, not quite yet! On my way to my son's school I checked each and every tree and they were all still green. So many little pines, so many walls covered by ivy - all green...! No, seriously, even the big maples were at least 90% green. 

So the trees whispered me my Autumny Mood Cake should be something green. Probably because of seeing quite a few posts with pictures of courgettes in Facebook lately, courgettes came into my mind first. Courgettes I would have in my cake then.

As the autumn goes along, there will certainly be more autumny cakes. With golden apples. With carrots and sweet potatoes and with beetroots. It is just the matter of the trees telling me when.

Courgette Cake

200 g butter, melted
250 ml sugar
300 ml grated courgette (one small courgette)
3 eggs
400 ml self-raising flour (if you use plain flour, add 1 tsp baking soda)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 175C / 350F and grease and flour a 2-litre bundt cake pan. 


2. Mix melted butter and sugar together.
3. Add grated courgette.
4. Mix dry ingredients together and fold into courgette-butter mix.
5. Pour dough into pan and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until a stick comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan first and then on a rack before you cut it into slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment