Saturday 13 September 2014

Cake #21 - Hidden Cat & Mouse Cake


Thursday Cat Theme Cake - Hidden Cat & Mouse Cake.

- How can you fit a cat and a mouse in da gaff? 
- No way - the cat will eat the mouse. 

- How can you fit a cat and a mouse in da cake?
- Very well, and then you can eat it all!


I have earlier 'revelead' how I made my Hidden Cat Cake and with this cake I used exactly the same recipe. Now I only wanted to make two hidden creatures inside the cake so I divided the first dough in half to get two different colours. The dough for the mouse I coloured with 1 tbsp of licorice powder (I bought it in Finland in the summer) and the cat dough with 2 tbsp of cocoa powder. To bake, I divided the cake pan in half with a piece of foil and it worked great!

Not only is the cake about cats and mice but also about the licorice people and the chocolate people. There are so many people who do not like licorice - and I am not even going as 'extreme' as salty licorice!! - but have I ever heard of anyone who would not like chocolate? I do not think so...

Now, with this cake, I was able to please both the licorice people and the chocolate people. I did not cut my slice in half, though. Best of both worlds!




No comments:

Post a Comment