Saturday 27 December 2014

Cake #113 - Prune Cake


Friends First Friday Cake - Prune Cake.

This cake is for traditional Christmas cards as in the digital world they are getting rare. I appreciate very much each and every card the postman brings me. Myself, I post about 50 cards every Christmas and I do hope the recipients appreciate them as well...

The recipe for this cake is the same as for my Date Cake. Instead of dates I used a 400 g can of prunes which I did not boil as they were soft enough to mash with a fork and mix with the melted butter. If you use dried prunes, boil them the way you would boil the dates.

The week I baked this cake was a hectic one - everybody in the family coming and going and nobody really being home eating  my cakes. My poor husband had to take this cake to the office to his poor colleagues to enjoy on their coffee break but apparently they had liked it and somebody had even asked for a recipe so I am happy about that at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment