Monday 8 December 2014

Cake #97 - Lemon Polenta Cake


Wednesday Natural Ingredient / Healthy Cake - Lemon Polenta Cake of Unwaxed Lemons.

Fallon & Byrne is my absolute favourite food browsing shop in Dublin. I say browsing because most of the stuff they sell is very expensive and I hardly can buy anything I would like to buy. So I browse instead. (And drool.) Every now and then I do buy something little - or something special for some special occasion.

For example.

Unwaxed lemons. Perfect for baking and cooking when you need to grate the rind, too.

Chanterelles. When they happen to be fresh.

Fresh artichokes. When it is the season they are good and affordable.

Veal. Good quality. For Vitello Tonnato a few times a year.

Raspberry vinegar. For cooking and baking.

Escargots. The whole family loves them and this is the only shop in Dublin I have been able to buy them. Except last time I went there they did not have any cans at all!

And many other seldom needed groceries. If I bump into a new recipe I want to try and there is some ingredient I know I will not find in my usual shops, Fallon & Byrne is the place where I go first. 

If I am not lucky I can at least get some unwaxed lemons for 70c each and bake a cake.


Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment