Saturday 6 December 2014

Cake #96 - Pathetic Reindeer


Tuesday Humour Cake - Pathetic Reindeer.

A cake which at first nearly became a catastrophe. Or no cake at all. Luckily, it decided to become a pathetic reindeer.

I had made a chocolate Swiss roll and filled it with vanilla buttercream and I had a brilliant idea of a reindeer figure I would make out of it. Antlers made of caramelised sugar and everything. 

Earlier that day I had had a dentist appointment and I had not been able to eat properly for many hours. Then in the middle of all baking and cooking dinner our dishwasher decided to break. Just like that. And it was full of dirty dishes too. Why cannot dishwashers break only after they are done with the wash? Last wash, so to say. Or at least there should be a warning coming up: 'do not fill, not gonna wash'.

I was tired. I was frustrated. I was drowning in dirty dishes.

I was telling everybody there will be no cake as I am too tired to melt any sugar for the antlers and there is nothing else in the house I could use for making the antlers of.

The Husband calmly walked to one of the kitchen cupboards, opened the door and handed me a bag of cinnamon sticks. I was speechless and I still am. - If you are wondering why, you can read the story about the cinnamon stick here.

No comments:

Post a Comment