Thursday 2 October 2014

Cake #39 - Angel Food Cake


Monday Mood Cake - Angel Food Cake for feeling light-hearted. 

Every now and then I just deliberately want to forget all stress and worries and duties for a day. Breathe. Smile. Dance. Make faces and goof around in a good way! For one day. It does not mean that I would pretend to be happy forever and ever, nor does it mean everything is grand. I just set my mind to joy and act that way. For one day. 


Monday was one of those days. A busy weekend behind and a dentist appointment the following day but no urgent duties, worries or stress on that particular day. So I breathed, smiled and even danced. I made faces with the kids and goofed around. Of course I acted like an adult and a parent, of course I took care of my responsibilities. I just stopped worrying for a day. And there is nothing false with that!

I used to hate this song in the 80's and I still do but this is it. Don't worry, be happy. For one day try to feel as light-hearted as you can. 


The recipe for the Angel Food Cake can be found here. I did not use almond extract myself, otherwise I followed the recipe as I had never made an angel food cake before. If you do not have cream of tartar, you can substitute it with lemon juice (1 tsp cream of tartar = 2 tsp lemon juice). I do not own a real angel food cake pan but a regular bundt pan worked out great and the cake turned out delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment