Monday 13 October 2014

Cake #47 - Crowned


Tuesday Humour Cake -  Crowned.

On Tuesday afternoon I spent an hour and a half at the dentist's to get my root canal treatment finalised and a new crown put on the tooth. Unlike this crowning cake I baked, my dentist's creation in my mouth looks great. But he is a professional, duh.

My cake is very simple and humble indeed. I did not sprinkle any golden dust on it, nor did I dance on rose petals in my kitchen while baking it. No cannons were fired, no trumpet fanfares played. Not that I would not have deserved all that! I did buy myself two flower bouquets, duh.  

Only because I had earlier been requested for a crowning ceremony cake I felt obliged to bake one. Skip the ceremony but bake the cake, duh. And I decided to bake an effortless soft cake which I would not have to chew much with an aching jaw. So I made this simple sponge, cut it in half, filled it with bananas, strawberries and whipped cream, and topped it with whipped cream. No recipe, duh.

Soft and effortless to eat. And I even felt a sudden urge to sing:

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Tooth in plastic, it's fantastic!"

No comments:

Post a Comment