Thursday 16 October 2014

Cake #48 - Apple Crumble Cake


Wednesday Natural Ingredient / Healthy Cake - Apple Crumble Cake.

Big, green and sour Irish cooking apples and black and sticky vanilla pods make the perfect taste combination for an autumny and rainy day cake. 

When I think about Irish desserts, Apple Crumble is the one to come into my mind first. When I think about Irish weather, rain is to come into my mind first. When I think about Apple crumble and rain, I remember a very rainy autumn some years ago when my older daughter had just started first year in secondary school and in home economics class the first thing they cooked was Apple Crumble. And then she used to make Apple Crumble daily, weekly... very often! Too often, maybe?

One very rainy day a little while ago I realised nobody in the house had made Apple Crumble for ages. That older daughter of mine has finished her school and is busy with other things than cooking and baking, but there is hope next year when my younger daughter goes to secondary school and absolutely wants to take home economics as one of her optional subjects. I bet the first thing they will make is Apple Crumble!

In the meantime I will keep baking this absolutely yummy Apple Crumble Cake. - You can find the recipe for the cake here.


No comments:

Post a Comment