Sunday 5 October 2014

Cake #42 - Catrousel


Thursday Cat Theme Cake - Catrousel.

I love cat shape cookie cutters. Okay, I am obsessed with them, like my daughter said once. I just do not have very many of them yet. Yet. One of these days I am so going to go through all internet cat-a-logues and see what is available and what I am still missing. I know there is at least a dozen different ones which are a must-to-have. 

Kitchen shops (or any shops) in Dublin are not very good what comes to cat shape cookie cutters. But I still go and check my favourite Stock and Kitchen Compliments regularly and a few times I have been lucky.

This Catrousel - Cat Carousel is a cheesecake I made using my Lime Cheesecake recipe. After spreading about half of the cheese filling on top of the cookie base, I placed four cookie shapes on the cheese. Then I very carefully spread the rest of the cheese around the cookie shapes and put the cake in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.

When the cake was set, I removed the cookie shapes one by one and filled the 'cat hole' with partially set jelly (I used 200 ml of cranberry juice and 2 gelatine leaves to make the jelly) and put the cake in the fridge for another hour before serving.

This cake is worth making again with some more ambitious cat figures of different colours, maybe. But to do so, I definitely need smaller cat shape cookie cutters. Who would have the heart cutting a jelly cat in half and this cake was meant to serve more than four people...


No comments:

Post a Comment