Sunday 19 October 2014

Cake #50 - Apple and Chocolate Cake


Friends First Friday Cake - Apple and Chocolate Cake.

That Friday I just wanted to make my baking simple to enjoy some time with my daughter - watching a movie on the sofa and having some coffee and cake, to be precise. I admit making it simple is not always easy for me, especially what comes to baking and cooking so I did need to psych myself a little.

The best things in life are simple. No.
Enjoy the simple things. No. No. 
Yes, everything is simple. It's people who complicate things. A bit better.
Make it simple and go and have a shower. Yes!

So I baked a simple apple cake and then went to have a shower. While in the shower, my daughter who thought a simple apple cake is just not good enough, had in style decorated the cake with chocolate and sprinkles. Such a sweetheart with a sweet tooth she is. 


Apple and Chocolate Cake

200 g butter
250 ml granulated sugar
3 eggs
400 ml plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml cream
2 cooking apples, finely chopped

Melted white and milk chocolate to decorate.

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 F) and grease and flour (I use dried breadcrumbs) a 2-litre cake pan.
2. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Mix in eggs.
5. Add the dry ingredients together with the cream and mix well.
6. Fold in the chopped apples.
8. Pour the dough into the pan.
9. Bake the cake in the oven for 35-40 minutes and let cool on a rack before removing from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment