Saturday 25 October 2014

Cake #58 - Goat Cheese and Parma Ham Cake


Savoury Saturday Cake - Goat Cheese and Parma Ham Cake with Black Olives and Ramiro Peppers.

Perfect Saturday lunch cake. For the family, that is. Was.

I had planned to go shopping on Saturday so I thought I would be smart and make lunch aka my daily cake before going. So I did bake a cake. I tasted a tiny piece of the cake to check if it was good. It was. So off I went. When I came back I was super hungry because I only had had a small latte in Starbucks. And the tiny piece of cake before I left. But there was no cake left. There was no cake left. Two of them say they had never liked goat cheese until now. So I guess I should be happy? I should be happy there was no cake left for me?


Goat Cheese and Parma Ham Cake

Dough
300 ml lukewarm water
25 g fresh yeast (or 7 g fast action dry yeast)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
800-900 ml strong white flour
50 ml olive oil

Filling
150 g goat cheese
100 g parma ham
100 g black olives
2 Ramiro peppers
oregano, basil and black pepper
olive oil
fresh basil to decorate

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
3. Start adding flour gradually.
4. After you have kneaded in about half of the flour, add olive oil.
5. Knead in more flour until your dough is not sticky any more but still soft. 
6. Leave the dough to rise in a warm place until double in size, for about half an hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F.
9. Oil a Ø 30 cm cake pan.
10. Divide the dough into two and roll both into pan-size discs.
11. Put first layer into the oiled and place half of the fillings on top.
12. Place the second layer on top of the first layer and the rest of the fillings on top of that.
13. Drizzle some olive oil on the cake and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
14. Enjoy while still warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment